JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC
JUVÉDERM Voluma® XC is the first and only FDA-approved dermal filler to correct age-related volume loss in the midface. Over time, the skin, fat, muscle, and bones that make up our face lose volume. Without this volume, the face appears hollow, making folds, lines and jowls more prominent. JUVÉDERM Voluma® XC is designed to restore this volume to combat hollowing and lift the lines and folds of the lower face. Results are clinically proven to last up to 2 years with optimal treatment.
Side effects are moderate and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. Common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.
What is JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC?
As you age, the cheeks may flatten and the skin may begin to sag. This is caused by natural loss of volume in the cheek area, or what the experts call age-related midface volume loss. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is designed to add volume beneath the skin's surface, which provides lift and contour to the cheek area.
What are the potential side effects of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC?
The most common side effects included temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching. Side effects were moderate (uncomfortable), and generally lasted 2 to 4 weeks. As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
How does JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC work?
Over time, the cheeks flatten, and the skin may begin to sag. This is caused by natural loss of volume in the cheek area, or what the experts call age-related midface volume loss. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is designed to add volume beneath the skin's surface, which provides lift and contour to the cheek area.
|Treatment Type||Filler, Injectables|
|Treatment Problem or Condition||Facial Volume Loss, Wrinkles|
|Skin Type||All Skin Types|
|Size||1 cc syringe|
For best results, schedule a consultation to create a customized treatment plan tailored to your individual needs.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Are there any reasons why I should not receive JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC?
Do not use the product if you have severe allergies with a history of severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the proteins (gram-positive bacterial proteins) used to make the hyaluronic acid (HA) in JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- The safety of JUVÉDERM Voluma® XC injectable gel for use during pregnancy, in women who are breastfeeding, or in patients with very thin skin in the cheek area has not been studied.
- The safety for use in patients under 35 years or over 65 years has not been studied.
- The safety and effectiveness for treatment in areas other than the cheek area have not been established.
- The safety for use in patients with a history of excessive scarring or pigmentation disorders has not been studied and may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation.
- The long-term safety of repeat treatments has not been established.
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection may be at a higher risk for side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are on therapy used to decrease the body's immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Use may result in an increased risk of infection.
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners; as with any injection, this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
- Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment.
What are possible side effects?
Side effects are moderate (uncomfortable) and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. The most common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.
JUVÉDERM Voluma® XC injectable gel is available by prescription only.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is a smooth, colorless hyaluronic acid (HA) gel that contains a small quantity of local anesthetic (lidocaine). HA is a naturally occurring sugar found in the human body. The role of HA in the skin is to deliver nutrients and help the skin retain its natural moisture and softness. The addition of lidocaine helps to improve the comfort of the injection. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is manufactured using VYCROSS™ technology to give a specialized smooth-gel filler that produces long-lasting results at the treatment site. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is delivered by an injection into the cheek and surrounding area of the mid-face to correct volume and fullness.
- Came with some difficulty but gave good results.This was a little more painful to have done than I remembered the Sculptra being, but the results were immediate. I also had some discomfort for about one week and a little bruising which was corrected at no charge by laser.
SPECIALS AND EVENTSClick Here