Smartskin+ Ablative CO2 Fractional Resurfacing Lite
Looking to reduce the effects of sun exposure and aging? If so, then our new CO2 laser treatment may prove right for you. It is an effective way to achieve the aesthetic goals you desire.
Smartskin+ is the most advanced fractional CO2 laser for skin renewal and wrinkle removal. It is gentle enough to treat fine lines around the eyes, tighten and improve the texture of the neck, and improve acne scars and severe wrinkles of facial aging. Both texture and photoaging with abnormal pigmentation can be improved.
This revolutionary laser treatment can help you overcome a wide array of skin issues. A few benefits include:
- Reduce sun and age spots.
- Give your skin better texture and tone.
- Reduce wrinkles and thin lines.
- Help your skin rejuvenate itself.
Once it’s all said and done, your skin will look and feel healthier, as it renews itself with fresh, healthy layers.
How it Works
One of the best things about the CO2 laser treatment is its simplicity. Here’s how it works:
- Decide what areas to. Meet with one of our highly qualified doctors and decide exactly which trouble areas you want to fix.
- Apply topical anesthetic. We make sure you are as comfortable as possible throughout the procedure.
- Laser applied toareas. Multiple areas can be treated with the CO2 laser. Once finished, you will care for the treated areas as they recover and replenish with products supplied to you. Results can be seen as soon as healing is complete and can continue to improve over the next 6 months.
- Most patients require a series of 3 sessions, spaced 2-4 weeks apart.
Only skin types I – III are recommended to have these treatments.
Don't know your skin type? CLICK HERE to view a chart that will help you determine your classification. Please call us if you have any questions.
How many treatments will I need?
More CO2 Lite treatments are needed to equal a comparable result to the full CO2 treatments. Typically, 3-4 CO2 Lite treatments are equivalent to one full strength treatment
What will I look like after the procedure?
You can expect pinpoint bleeding/crusting and swelling for 2-4 days following the procedure (pending depth of procedure). This is NORMAL and expected. AVOID scrubbing or picking, as this can result in bleeding and possible scarring.
When can I wear make-up again? When can I exercise again?
Make-up can be worn after day 3. Vigorous exercise should be avoided for 7 days, as well.
|Treatment Type||Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing, Skin Resurfacing Treatments|
|Treatment Problem or Condition||Age Spots/Sun Damage, Dull/Tired Skin, Fine Lines, Hyperpigmentation/Uneven Skintone, Sagging/Loose Skin, Scars, Wrinkles|
|Skin Type||Hyperpigmented & Sun-Damaged Skin|
CO2 Pre-Treatment Instructions
Prior to Treatment Day
1. Pick up the following prescriptions from your pharmacy:
- Hydroxyzine (Prescription): Treats itching and swelling. Take 1-2 tablets by mouth every 4-6 hours as needed for itching. This medication may cause drowsiness. Do not take before driving.
- Valtrex (Prescription): Prevents cold sores. Take 2 tablets the morning of procedure and repeat in 12 hours.
2. Purchase the following items: Vanicream Moisturizing Cream, Vanicream Gentle Cleanser, and Vanicream Sunscreen SPF 50.
3. Plan to have a driver. Although not required, a driver is highly recommended.
Day of Treatment
- Please arrive at the office 1 hour prior to the procedure.
- Come to the office with clean skin (clean shaven if male). The treatment area should be free of any makeup, including eyeliner and mascara.
- Do not wear contact lenses the day of your procedure.
- Comfortable clothes should be worn. If your face or neck is being treated, a button-down shirt is recommended.
- Aftercare products are pictured with detailed descriptions and instructions for use. The Avène Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream, Avène Thermal Spring Water and Arnica will be provided following your first procedure. If you intend to do a series of 3 treatments, this post-care kit will be sufficient for all treatments.
What to expect during the treatment
- The laser itself will take about 30 minutes, longer depending on number of treatment sites.
- Numbing cream will be placed on the treatment sites and left in place for 40-60 minutes. However, you may still feel some sensation during the laser treatment but we will be holding a cooling device to increase comfort.
- If the eyelids are being treated, metal eyeshields will be placed on the eyeball for protection. The eyes will be treated with numbing drops before these are placed, and the eye will be flushed when the shields are removed to remove this medication.
Please call us if you have any concerns or questions regarding your procedure! We are here to help!
CO2 Post-Treatment Instructions
- Following the procedure, sunscreen and numbing cream will be applied to treated area. You may wash the treated area GENTLY using Vanicream cleanser that evening. Do not scrub.
- To promote healing, vinegar water soaks should be done twice daily as directed: 1) Combine 1 part white vinegar to 4 parts water. Store this in the refrigerator to keep cold. 2) Soak a clean cotton wash cloth in the vinegar solution and place on the treated area for 5-10 minutes. Replace wash cloth after each use. 3) You will continue this for 4 days.
- Apply a generous layer of Avène Cicalfate to the treated area. If skin feels dry or tight, apply an additional layer of vaseline or Vanicream cream. Cicalfate should be reapplied every 2 hours.
- You may shower normally, but use cool water. Hot water can irritate the skin and result in a burning sensation.
- To minimize swelling, sleep with 1-2 extra pillows and keep head elevated as much as possible.
- Apply an additional layer of vaseline or Vanicream (over the cicalfate) at bedtime.
- AVOID UV LIGHT EXPOSURE while healing from the procedure. ALWAYS apply sunscreen (Vanicream SPF 50) if going outdoors. This includes driving in the car and sunlight from windows.
Overall Guidelines and Helpful Tips
- Ice packs can be used to reduce burning and decrease swelling.
- Use an old pillowcase or place a towel over pillow to prevent staining sheets.
- Limit activity and avoid strenuous exercise for 1 week to allow healing.
- While you are taking pain medication, we recommend that you also take a stool softener to help minimize constipation. Do NOT drive while taking prescription pain medication.
SPECIALS AND EVENTSClick Here